Connect with Us!
The Canadian Geriatrics Society (CGS) is excited to announce the 2016 CGS Fun Run/Walk, in support of the Canadian Geriatrics Society Scholarship Foundation, held this year in Vancouver during the 36th CGS Annual Scientific Meeting.
Participants will meet at 6:00 a.m. in the lobby at the meeting venue, the Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver.
Challenge your colleagues to join you on this 5km run, 3km walk through beautiful downtown Vancouver!
The entry fee per runner is $35.00. Once you register for the conference and select the Fun Run/Walk add-on, you can set up your own CGS Fun Run/Walk fundraising page and utilize social media outlets to encourage friends and family members to support you by donating to the CGS Scholarship Foundation. Further instructions on how to register and set up your own fundraising can be found below.
If you are not interested in participating in the event, you can still donate directly to the CGS Fun Run/Walk event by clicking here.
We need your support
The CGS is committed to improving the care of older adults and has decided, through its Foundation, to promote interest among Medical Students in the practice of Geriatrics. Your donation will help the CGS Scholarship Foundation to achieve this objective.
Your donation will help support one of the following initiatives:
1. REGISTER: You must first register for the 2016 CGS Conference by clicking here! (Registration to open January 8, 2016)
Please note: Upon registering for the conference, you will be given the option to register and pay $35.00 for the Fun Run/Walk. This fee ensures your spot and registration in the event.
2. GET STARTED: To create a donation profile and get started click on the button below!
3. CREATE CAMPAIGN PAGE: You will need to create a Giveffect account if you have not already done so in the past.
4. PERSONALIZE: Personalize your campaign page! Add a description of your participation in the event by clicking on ‘more’ and then ‘edit’. You can also include photos and posts on your page. Do not forget to create a fundraising goal for yourself!
5. FUNDRAISE: Once you have completed your personal CGS Fun Run/Walk campaign page, you can now begin collecting donations! Do not forget to post your page on your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts by clicking on the ‘share’ tab. Encourage your family and friends to donate directly to your page, where they can easily submit a donation to help support YOU in the event.
What are you waiting for? Start Fundraising!
The Foundation is a registered charity and a tax receipt will be issued.