Call for Nominations: CFPC/CGS Award of Distinction in Health Care of the Elderly
Overview: The CFPC/CGS Award of Distinction in Health Care of the Elderly is supported by the Canadian College of Family Physicians (CFPC) in collaboration with the Canadian Geriatrics Society (CGS), and recognizes contributions to quality patient-centered care of Canadian seniors. It recognizes leadership in care of a population that can be clinically challenging and where advocacy is an important part of care and is consistent with the theme of social accountability and equity.
Nomination Process: Nominations are invited from CFPC members, Chapters, general practitioners, geriatricians, non-medical colleagues (e.g. any allied health professionals), and patients (including patients’ family members). Nominations can be made at https://cfpc-grants-nominations.fluidreview.com/. A complete nomination must include a focused CV (maximum 5 pages) and evidence of the following:
· Canadian family physician in active practice displaying exemplary care of the elderly
· Patient Care (family medicine expert, skilled clinician, communicator, patient-centered care)
· Citizenship (collaborator, contribution to community/society)
· Teaching & Education (undergraduate students, residents, fellows, CME, CPD, public education)
· Scholarship (scientific discovery, innovation, Knowledge to Practice)
· Leadership & Administration (medical or nonmedical organizations)
Deadline: March 1, 2019
Recipient receives: The plaque will be presented at the CGS Annual Scientific Meeting in 2020.